Monday, August 18, 2014

THE LIGHT WHO SHINES: New Book Trailer!


I know this is perhaps a TAD bit backwards, but one of my readers from Twitter recommended that I do a book trailer. Originally I didn't do one because I wasn't convinced they sold books. But I polled my readers on Twitter and they almost unanimously told me I should do one. And, being a slave to my fans as I am, I complied. 

I must say that the project was quite a bit of fun, though challenging. Luckily, I have Photoshop Premier Edition so the tools were available to me. However, I found myself wishing I had purchased the additional RAM on my computer before long. Nevertheless, after hours of agonizing over clips and music, I have produced a book trailer.
   
Now, before you watch it, I'd like to go back to my earlier comment. It was almost unanimous. One person didn't want a book trailer because she didn't like to have her image of a character spoiled. So I promised I wouldn't show a picture of Blue in the trailer. And I have not. I do show a picture of another girl who is just an anonymous person.
 


However, when I released the trailer on Facebook, I did get some interesting comments on my voice. Some people love it. Some people said the video gave them the chills (which "Yay!" is exactly what I was going for). A few didn't like my voice narrating it at all. They said it sounded too old for Blue. I suspect that those who had already read the book had Blue's voice in their head and my voice didn't match that. I am not 22, I am 43.

So, if you have read the book, watch at your own risk. If you enjoy it, please pass it along.

I am rather proud of it. I really hope you like it too.

Trailer:  http://youtu.be/_It7AxGUihs

Now, enough with re-edits and new book covers and trailers . . . Book 2 is full steam ahead.

Lilo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!